The mission of Historic Todd County, Inc. is to preserve Todd County’s unique heritage and historic sites.
- Preserve and Restore
- Educate and Inform
- Commemorate and Promote
Objectives to accomplish the mission and goals are as follows:
Preserve and Restore
- Complete the restoration of the 1835 Courthouse in order to preserve Todd County’s most cherished historical asset.
- Create a museum to be located in the 1835 Courthouse – complementary to Welcome Center – which will house artifacts and interpret the history of Todd County.
- Conduct fundraising and other fund development opportunities and pursue grant opportunities that will provide funding to accomplish the goals and objectives of Historic Todd County, Inc.
- Encourage the preservation and restoration efforts of other historic sites and structures in Todd County.
- Support the Todd County Public Library in its efforts to collect and archive relevant genealogical information.
Educate and Inform
- Support the development and dissemination of factually accurate literature on the county’s history.
- Increase public awareness and appreciation of historic properties and special places.
- Recognize Todd County’s history through interpretive signs, historical markers and other medium.
- Foster an appreciation among current and future generations through educational materials and public programs.
- Communicate and inform members and the public at-large about Todd County’s heritage through print, web and social media.
Commemorate and Promote
- Support and enhance tourism efforts in Todd County that promote and celebrate historical places, events and people that played a role in Todd County’s history.
- Organize and carry out Todd County’s Bicentennial in 2020, ensuring a county-wide celebration commemorating the 200 years of Todd County’s presence in the Commonwealth.
- Serve as a liaison to regional and state historical associations, as well as local schools, civic groups, government entities and other museums in Todd County.